Aeterna

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aeterna

Keeping it unreal

3 posters

Found one i like.

AppleX
    AppleX
    Admin

Found one i like. Empty Found one i like.

Post  AppleX Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:24 am

seems very viable.

Guy plays it like a pro.
    Plus i've tested it and seem to do very well. However it doesn't heal as much as I like, it does however kill stuff alot faster.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/elementalist/Guide-Mastering-the-D-D-elementalist-11-6-12/first#post656535
    Rishy
    Rishy

Found one i like. Empty Re: Found one i like.

Post  Rishy Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 am

Little tricks are for kids. Just watched the vid in the forum topic and this is what I saw:

1:27 - Summons an Earth ele. Why? Gonna use it to tank some ranger pets? Lol, I'd rather have ice ele for the AoE splash heal and big ice slowing field or the air ele for the stun and buff plus AoE damage. Way to waste a high cd elite skill.

1:42 - Misses updraft, misses magnetic grasp, wastes a dodge and proceeds to blow burning speed just to catch up, then justifies the waste of three and a half cooldowns with the accomplishment of two ticks of flame breath on someone that clearly got away. Uses up all endurance to dodge roll twice @ 2:05 AND blows lightning flash for no real reason - at least bait a high cd stun or something to trade off for the three cooldowns he just used.

3:17 - blows a teleport to dodge a single burning speed and get off a churning earth on ONE person when its much more crucial to save it (because you know, he's like behind a whole zerg), wastes Arcane Shield to get off a tiny bit more dps when it could be saved to pre-emptively block incoming cc, mistforms towards the water at 3:28 and then decides to change direction to RTL back into them at 3:33 - why? It's so much harder to kill an ele underwater. Should have RTL into the water after using mistform and kited the 5+ people on him. They either have a commander swimming laps in the lake along with 4 people or he gets away and lives to grief their zerg again 15 seconds later. Pretty much blew all three cantrip utility skills just to get one churning earth off on one person? Got himself killed with very bad decision making.

7:38 - Uses heal before mistform. The vid is captioned as epic tricks - you can blow mistform and then start healing while inside it, which is something most people don't know/do. Dies as a result.

- - -

I know its hard to play perfectly in the heat of battle but the amount of awkward decision making and mistakes that repeatedly occur back to back irritates me. Not to sound elitist but Dynaerys, Sylval or myself would not have been killed in these situations if we were in his place. All this really shows is Tele+Churning Earth. Move along.

TL;DR Guy does not play it like a pro. This is an elementary starting guide to D/D elementalist at best.
    AppleX
    AppleX
    Admin

Post  AppleX Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Oo... I think if i can do half as well... Then I would be doing pretty well. I still got lots to learn, but it seems theres so many combo skills to ele. Even if the guy is not playing like a pro, he still seems pretty op imo. maybe its the class.
    SJ
    SJ

Post  SJ Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:15 am

I know its hard to play perfectly in the heat of battle but the amount of awkward decision making and mistakes that repeatedly occur back to back irritates me.

Its also hard to play perfectly while listening to the Pirates of the Carribean theme song.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am