Aeterna

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aeterna

Keeping it unreal

5 posters

Guild Market

DukeCorbenix

Guild Market Empty Guild Market

Post  DukeCorbenix Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 pm

So after we got the idea started by talking to Rishy, i've decided to open a guild market, basically you send me your gold of which i use to play in the market then give you your return at the end of the day, however to make it fair to me for the work i take 5% of the profits from your investment, of course if the gold is lost it's lost, should i have enough gold i'll do what i can to replace what i lose.
    Rishy
    Rishy

Guild Market Empty Re: Guild Market

Post  Rishy Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Wowowow, easy there buddy. Idea wasn't mine, I think you should reconsider before starting something like this.

Personally, I have a distaste for this kind of market playing - there's too much risk involved between a number of people.

There is no form of insurance playing around with money like this in game, as opposed to regulations in real life and as such, if things go sideways and guild member's monetary property is lost then issues and dramas will ensue. The only way I'd let someone even take a serious shot at carrying this sort of activity out with other guild members is if they attained at the very least a Golden rank and have proved themselves an extraordinary player on the Guild Wars 2 market - even then I would be loathe to give permission, unless there was major support for the idea.

This is not to say that us as Leaders and Co-Leaders can police you from doing things like this but if you are/were to, do not parade it as a guild activity and just keep it quiet amongst the parties involved. It is honestly more trouble than it is worth - I suggest just trading market tips as a cleaner alternative.

Rish, out.
    Alpha Bladie
    Alpha Bladie
    Admin

Post  Alpha Bladie Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:15 am

Yeah duke I know you just recently started doing it. It's a little risky and there's never a 100% guarantee profit. I really advise you to really look into the steps and how to safely make a profit with a higher chance of gain and which product to buy and resell and which to not.

It's like saying, "Hey guys i Just started playing black jack and i won $200 buck last night, give me all ur money and ill make u some money" Would you really give that person your money for a low percentage of success?
    DukeCorbenix

Post  DukeCorbenix Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:28 am

I apologize Rishy, I didn't mean to state it was your idea, in fact it was mine, we just talked to you about the idea. Anyway you both make it sound like I've only been playing in the market for a short amount of time. I've been doing it since day 1, but unlike Rishy I don't have that kind of buying power so i make far less. I know how to make money i've done it for myself. Up until now i haven't been doing it heavily either. Either way i'm still good at it. I started with 6g to play with on my own, and after a day i made 20g profit, and that was a few days ago. I may not be rich but i do have the idea.
    Alpha Bladie
    Alpha Bladie
    Admin

Post  Alpha Bladie Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 am

My bad man. When i read you talking about the other day and how you were making profit off the market i automatically assumed you just started doing it. I mean, if you're really good at doing what you're doing, ur gonna have to put in a lot of specific details to people that are willing to invest with you. The pros and cons of playing the market and the ultimate price you have to pay in the worst situation. We're talking about money here!
    DukeCorbenix

Post  DukeCorbenix Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Alright very valid point here. Oh and what i was talking about the other day was me buying dyes and i got lucky with getting black and white dyes that sell for tons. I wouldn't do that with other players money.

So the Pros:
    You don't have to play the market on your own, which saves you time
    As a group we will have more buying power then when your alone, which makes you more money
    You will have someone who knows what items to buy and sell playing the market
    Plus you have my backing to replace your loses based on what i have at the time to replace it with, guaranteed to be at least 10g

Cons:
    You have the potential to lose everything you invest
    It is possible that i won't be on certain days so gold sent while i'm offline may not be returned until the next day i'm on
    You may not lose it all, but you may take a loss, while other days you make a profit
    It will cost you 5% of your profits for my services
    Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Really advise against this Duke. I don't doubt your skill at the market or anything else. I just am somewhat concerned that this may cause arguments in the future. If you want to help others I'd advise making a thread about your market plays to assist others make money too.
    Coppereyes
    Coppereyes

Post  Coppereyes Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:48 pm

I hate to say it but the cons out weigh the pros you play the market at your own risk so it's on your head when you screw up. If you give your money to someone else, they screw up and then you can blame them and it'll cause drama in this very drama free guild.
    DukeCorbenix

Post  DukeCorbenix Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:24 am

Well without support this goes nowhere, so it looks like the idea dies. We can delete it then if desired.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am