Aeterna

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aeterna

Keeping it unreal

4 posters

Bron's here to tank (inspired by video Bladie posted)

Coppereyes
    Coppereyes

Bron's here to tank (inspired by video Bladie posted) Empty Bron's here to tank (inspired by video Bladie posted)

Post  Coppereyes Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Before we begin, THIS BUILD IS NOT MEANT FOR BIG NUMBERS DPS!!!!!

You will not be dropping people left and right. You will not be killing every person in sight.
    If that's what you want, leave this post right now.
    This build is what I am currently running in dungeons and will be testing in WvW later today (more on that later).
    It's a build designed to stay alive and piss people off while your team bursts them down.

The build:
    Strength: 10 points
    First Major Trait: III "Great Fortitude". Gives 5% of your power to vitality (more HP more survivability)
    Arms: 0 points
    We're here to tank no deal damage.
    Defense: 30 Points
    First Major Trait: V "Missile Deflection". Reflect projectiles while blocking (when you see the blocks we have here you'll want this one)
    Second Major Trait: IX "Shield Master". +90 Toughness when using a shield (we use a shield almost all the time, we want this one)
    Third Major Trait: XI "Defy Pain". Use Endure Pain (aka no damage from attacks) at 25% health (extra chance to stay alive and get some health back, I'll take one of those too)
    Tactics: 30 Points
    First Major Trait: II "Empower Allies". +70 Power to nearby allies (This is really the only useful thing in this first tier for tactics. More DPS for your friends)
    Second Major Trait: VIII "Lung Capacity". Shouts recharge 20% faster (we're using shouts, we want this too)
    Third Major Trait: XII "Vigorous Shouts". Shouts heal (HOLY SHIT! we use shouts, we want this)

Weapon Choices:

My primary set is currently Mace and Shield (using Axe and Shield in dungeons for DPS) and offset is just a Warhorn, planning on adding sword to it.
    The logic to Mace/Shield Combo is shutting people down.
    You have a basic auto attack like anything else (this is crap).
    Skill 2 is a block (we deflect missiles when blocking remember)
    Skill 3 is a stun (people can't do shit all when they're stunned)
    Skill 4 is also a stun (see above)
    Skill 5 is a 3 second long block (when you're getting burst by a bunch of ranged attackers this hurts them a hell of a lot more than it hurts you)
    Offset is strictly for mobility. Warhorn keeps the zerg moving. Period.

Slot Skills
    Healing Signet (yes I know mending removes conditions but we do it better with other tricks)
    "On My Mark" (shout for 10 stacks of vulnerability)
    "Shake it Off" (remove conditions)
    "For Great Justice" (might and fury)
    Battle Standard (that's right long ass cooldown, I wouldn't use it often it's an emergency rez for ppl after a Daggerstorm clusterfuck, or a stability boost when you're fighting on an NPC)

Just to make our shouts even better, I'm running a full set of Superior Rune of the Soldier (the last one allows shouts to remove conditions (all shouts not just "Shake it off")
    Power/Toughness/Vitality is the armor I'm currently running (half AC half Karma vendor but that doesn't really matter)

Insert sigh of relief here. Wow.... I wrote a whole build guide. Well, it's shaped like a build guide. I'm off to test the viability of this build in WvW, I'll get back to you guys with the results later.
    Vonhaldyin

Bron's here to tank (inspired by video Bladie posted) Empty Thanks!

Post  Vonhaldyin Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks Bron for the guide! And for the info-sharing during dungeon! Really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Being warrior now makes more sense Smile

just one thing i'm wondering - in this build, i see that there's no closing distance move like bull charge or the one GS provides. any tips on how to close distance or if it's not possible for this build?
    Coppereyes
    Coppereyes

Bron's here to tank (inspired by video Bladie posted) Empty Re: Bron's here to tank (inspired by video Bladie posted)

Post  Coppereyes Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Once I get the sword on the offset I'll have Savage Leap to close the distance.
    Alpha Bladie
    Alpha Bladie
    Admin

Bron's here to tank (inspired by video Bladie posted) Empty Re: Bron's here to tank (inspired by video Bladie posted)

Post  Alpha Bladie Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 pm

remember, new gears are coming out so try not to waste so much money on the new build.
    Bao

Post  Bao Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:45 am

Hi Bron,

I think 10 points in Discipline open up more options, what do you think?

Adept Mighty Defenses You gain might when you block an attack.
    Adept Thrill of the Kill Gain extra adrenaline on a kill.
    Adept Warrior's Sprint Run faster while wielding melee weapons.
    Adept Inspiring Shouts Gain adrenaline when using a shout.
    Adept Heightened Focus Gain a 2% critical-hit chance for 1 stage of adrenaline, 5% for 2 stages, and 9% for 3 stages.
    Adept Signet Mastery Signets recharges 20% faster.
    Coppereyes
    Coppereyes

Post  Coppereyes Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 am

I considered discipline because I really like the extra movement speed in WvW, however I like running this as Tanky as possible so more health was the better option for me. Also, you're already sacrificing a lot of dps in this build so the extra power to make up for it was appealing to me. I was running with discipline for a long time before trying all out tank tho and it's just as viable; I just got hp greedy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:11 am