Aeterna

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aeterna

Keeping it unreal

5 posters

Ragnarok Online 2 - CLOSED BETA NOW!

Toilieban
    Admin

Ragnarok Online 2 - CLOSED BETA NOW! Empty Ragnarok Online 2 - CLOSED BETA NOW!

Post  Toilieban Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:40 pm

http://www.playpark.net/

I just got in game with my character, Toilieban. Now it's time to walk the dogs and eat dinner. After that i think the beta is closed till the next session.

CBT Times - 1100 -> 0200 GMT + 8 (This is 3am GMT -> 6pm GMT)

Closed Beta finishes on the 12 dec. So dont have long to test out if you are interested! This is the south east asia (english) edition. Expect shit lag and so on. Open beta starts on the 27th? I think.

Last edited by Toilieban on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    AppleX
    AppleX
    Admin

Ragnarok Online 2 - CLOSED BETA NOW! Empty Re: Ragnarok Online 2 - CLOSED BETA NOW!

Post  AppleX Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 pm

password: welcome2ro2
    flickie

Ragnarok Online 2 - CLOSED BETA NOW! Empty Re: Ragnarok Online 2 - CLOSED BETA NOW!

Post  flickie Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 am

I thought RO2 got canceled ages ago? Is it a reboot?
    Alpha Bladie
    Alpha Bladie
    Admin

Post  Alpha Bladie Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 am

the first ro2 was a failure so they closed it. This is a new one RO2.
    flickie

Post  flickie Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Is the client up anywhere else? Doesn't seem to be actually downloading for me atm.
    Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 pm

flickie

Post  flickie Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 am

Thanks man. Been having some problems with my net the last few days. China is really cracking down with the great firewall atm. Crying or Very sad
    Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Well, initially i felt all nostalgic and it was good. Then i realised some points.

1) Though you can put your stats in as you please, this doesn't matter. There will be no build variances as there is only a few stats that count for any one class. Other stats do nothing.
    2) cards are only stat bonuses.... and so suffer from the same lack of individuality as 1)
    3) Your depth of vision is somewhat akin to the originals, but in a 3d atmosphere you really realise that you see things just a couple of seconds run from you.
    4) the graphics in general are poor
    5) the translations make RO1 look like a thesaurus.
    6) Skill system feels like a clunky version of just about every other wow clone.
    7) highly directed levelling

Cool the music is nice and reminiscent of RO1

Not sure it's worth your time to download flick. You'll be highly disappointed.
    Icarus
    Icarus

Post  Icarus Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:35 pm

cheating on GW2 how could you lol
    flickie

Post  flickie Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:25 am

It was gonna take me forever to download so I'm not going to atm. Maybe try again during open beta.

I've still not played an MMO that I have as much fun in as RO. Leveling with a good party and WoE were just so fun. Still not sure why when it is such as grind fest at times.....

Thanks for the update Toilie, I was going to ask you for your thoughts and you had posted them up already!
    Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:28 pm

The thing with RO was.... since it was pure grind you would find a group of people to level with and contact them next time you logged in. If they went really hardcore they may have gained a level in a day or two, but thats it. With more recent mmos, there isn't such a grind, so when you log in the people you levelled with - even a few hours before - are well outta range. For me that destroys what I want from the game. :/ As for quests, total nonsense.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:39 pm